F E Smith
F E Smith, Advocate
Experience:  I have been practising for 30 years.
18203470

My husband has been cheating and I found out by accident,

My husband has been cheating and I found out by accident, due to getting home early from work, he has numerous female mobile numbers, this has happened thought our 11/year marriage and when I try to talk thongs through with him he become aggressive. This behavior has been going on for years, he continues to do his own thing and treats me unfairly. I told him I can't take any more of his abuse he, I pay all the bills and he has only ever paid board and loggings in the past very little, over the years I have remortgaged to pay delbt of for him twice and refused to do it any more, I have asked him to leave, the house is in my name as I was already buying a house before I met him when I was on my own with my two children who have now grown up and marries themselves, last night my husband became very vocal when I tried to talk to him. And said he was going to take me to the cleaners and I will lose my house please can.you help me.I don't know what to do, his name is ***** ***** the mortgage he signed a letter for Halifax stating the house was nothing to do with him when I remortgage approximately 4 years ago. Regards Diane
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: No this has only happened again this week, and not sure what I should do
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this yet?
Customer: No not yet I have not been able to because I have been at work all weekend to
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I feel.unsettled. to.how he is.going.to be because he.said he is not leaving until 24 July because that's when his flat will be ready

Good morning. I will assist with your question - be aware this is an email not chat service.

how long have you been together and married in total?

re this letter he signed? what does it say exactly?

does he have a pension? if this goes to court for financial settlement?

can you afford to buy him out?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
We got married September 2008, he move into my home which I was buying before I met him, I remortgage twice to help him pay of his debt which he already had before he met me. Approximately four years ago I moved to another house and the mortgage company wanted him to sign a letter to say he had no interest in the house which he did, he was advised by my solicitor about this and he agreed that that he had worked into a ready made house and had no input towards it or had never made a morgage payment. Has has recently taken lumps.sums from frozen pensions approx 33,000, but I have not had any involvement in them, I believe he still has another one.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
OK thank you