12826847

Seeking advice regarding a CCJ, England, None, No

Seeking advice regarding a CCJ
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: England
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: None
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

What can I do for you?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
I signed an application for a credit account as a Director of Global Asset Systems Ltd. I was advised to sign a particular form and the representative at the Screwfix store would tick the 'standard stuff' and send my information through. At no point in the conversation was I advised that I would be signing a personal guarantee.When the company started to experience financial difficulties, Screwfix could not obtain payment, so subsequently applied for a CCJ against me personally, which was successful. As my wife was heavily pregnant at the time and home alone with our youngest child, after making a formal complaint to the bailiffs head office and police about the baliffs conduct, I came to an arrangement to pay the CCJ which is now satisfied.I have acquired a new business and am concerned the CCJ (satisfied) will effect the company in terms of future finance. The company finance chap suggested that under the circumstances I should apply for the CCJ to be set aside. I thought I get some advice first.

Trying now.