How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ReadyLaw Your Own Question
ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2220
Experience:  Bar Professional Training Course
Type Your Law Question Here...
ReadyLaw is online now

I have been accused of stealing money from a elderly

This answer was rated:

I have been accused of stealing money from a elderly relative. I need legal afvice
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: In sloughnuk
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have been arrestednand released non street bail. I have go to police station next month to give astaement
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I live with my mother and she seems to have signs of early dementia and refuses to be tested.

Good day your question has been forwarded to me to see if I may be able to assist.

Is it your mother that has accused you and called the police?

ReadyLaw and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I am officially her carer.

I will be calling you in 2 minutes

I have tried to call you. Would you like for me to call you back or answer you here?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Pls answer me on line

The police will investigate the fact of the allegation by your mother. However, if it is that she has dementia that has caused her to wrongfully accuse you, the case will likely not go anywhere. I would however recommend that you get legal assistance. You may want to see if you qualify for public funding. If you are raising the fact that your mother has dementia and is therefore likely to say something that is not true, your solicitor would be able to seek the court's intervention in getting her tested and/or having her medical record/history presented to the court.

You mentioned having an interview shortly, you should consult a solicitor prior to the interview and have one accompany during the interview.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you.that was very helpful.

You are welcome!