How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 38226
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I would like to know if I can make a claim against my ex

Customer Question

Hi I would like to know if I can make a claim against my ex partner over harassment ?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Uk
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Police is aware and restraining order in place too.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: He has a controlling behaviour and its just not me but kids are getting affected too.
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Lea

What sort of claim?

Please read the following:

  1. This is an email service, not live chat, so responses are not always instantaneous.
  2. All questions asked in my field of expertise can be answered online.
  3. I may well ask you for additional information: please answer each question clearly and briefly.
  4. I do not make phone calls. Phone calls are charged separately to online advice. I will answer your query online. If you make a request for a call it will be open to all other experts.
  5. If you inadvertently click for a call and don't want one, you will need to refer yourself to customer services as I have no control over the phone call offers, the charges or finances of the site. Customer services no. is: 0808(###) ###-####/em>
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Harassment claim
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 2 months ago.

As in a non molestation order?