How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Michael Holly Your Own Question
Michael Holly
Michael Holly, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 7587
Experience:  I have 20 years of experience as a solicitor in litigation and other areas
Type Your Law Question Here...
Michael Holly is online now

Can I sue indian government for defaming me due their

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: Can I sue indian government for defaming me due their negligence in India?
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes I am residing here and my aunty filed a formal police complaint by mentioning false allegation and the date when I was not there
JA: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 12 months ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 12 months ago.

I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Expert:  Michael Holly replied 12 months ago.

Good morning

If your aunt filed the false complaint then your cause of action would be against your aunt.

If a complaint is made it is the duty of the police to investigate and they cannot be blamed for doing so.

As such I cannot see that you have grounds to sue the Indian government.

If there are any further points kindly reply I will be happy to respond

Otherwise please either click to accept or rate my answer on the system so I get credit for my time.

Best wishes


Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Hi Michael
Many thanks for your reply. Can I sue her here as she and other two relatives, who involve in this matter, live in India. Or I have to file a suit in India?
Expert:  Michael Holly replied 12 months ago.

You would have to sue her there as that is where the defendant, your aunt, resides ant iit is where the event complained of took place.