Michael Holly
Michael Holly, Solicitor
Experience:  I have 20 years of experience as a solicitor in litigation and other areas
12609314

Can I sue indian government for defaming me due their

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: Can I sue indian government for defaming me due their negligence in India?
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes I am residing here and my aunty filed a formal police complaint by mentioning false allegation and the date when I was not there
JA: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 18 days ago.

Expert:  Michael Holly replied 18 days ago.

Good morning

If your aunt filed the false complaint then your cause of action would be against your aunt.

If a complaint is made it is the duty of the police to investigate and they cannot be blamed for doing so.

As such I cannot see that you have grounds to sue the Indian government.

If there are any further points kindly reply I will be happy to respond

Otherwise please either click to accept or rate my answer on the system so I get credit for my time.

Best wishes

Michael

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Hi Michael
Many thanks for your reply. Can I sue her here as she and other two relatives, who involve in this matter, live in India. Or I have to file a suit in India?

You would have to sue her there as that is where the defendant, your aunt, resides ant iit is where the event complained of took place.

Michael