Ed Turner
Ed Turner,
Experience:  Director and Consultant Solicitor (Self-Employed) at Ed Turner LLB Limited
107013918

We have have decided to move our wedding from October to

We have have decided to move our wedding from October to June next year, unfortunately the current venue can not provide us a suitable date for us. So having to move venue.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: the venues is stating that the deposit of 50% is going to be kept £1500, and £1500 catering deposit is going to be kept.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: contacted them direct to see alternative dates etc. But nothing suits
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The pandemic and restrictions in place for weddings so far are the reasons we want to move date.

Hello. I am Ed, a Solicitor qualified in England & Wales with over a decade’s experience in the legal profession advising clients.

I specialise in Commercial Contracts, Business Transactions, Employment, Dispute Resolution, Personal Injury and Road Traffic Law and shall be reviewing your legal problem today.

Regarding the site’s automatic offer of a Premium Service Phone Call, I shall be delighted to talk with you by phone to discuss your issue in greater detail if you accept the offer.

However, if you do not want a phone call, please cancel the offer for a Premium Service Phone Call and you will not be charged extra.

I am considering my reply which I will post shortly.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I do not want the phone call, would like to cancel the offer of Premium Service Phone Call

If you do not want a Premium Service Phone Call, do not accept the offer and you will not be charged extra. I am happy to provide you my answer by text on the Portal.

I have not received a notification that you have accepted a Phone Call from my side and therefore you have not been charged extra.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Ok thanks

Unfortunately, I do not think that this is a matter where any law applies nor one that the courts can resolve.

In order for the civil law to step in and assist a claimant, they must have suffered some form of tangible loss, such as loss of business profits as a result of a breach of contract or infringement of intellectual property rights, damage to personal or business reputation (i.e. Defamation, Libel, Slander), wasted monies on purchasing a product or a service that was defective or never provided, personal injury or property damage.

I cannot see any contractual relationship or duty of care in tort between the parties in this matter, not what damage, financial or other you have lost.

The negotiations over your wedding are still at pre-contract stage and you have not agreed anything concrete with, nor paid any money to, the wedding providers and may withdraw at any time and choose another provider.

I hope this resolves your enquiry. Please revert to me if you require any clarification of my answer to your question and I shall be delighted to assist.

Otherwise, I shall be grateful if you will please mark your enquiry as “Closed” and give me a “Positive” rating to conclude this matter.

LawyerEd