How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JimLawyer Your Own Question
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 14356
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
JimLawyer is online now

We booked to go to Italy in March for the England Italy 6

This answer was rated:

we booked to go to Italy in March for the England Italy 6 Nations Rugby, this obv all got cancelled due to Covid.. We booked through a company called Bellarome Bookings, they are based down south, in england... they are refusing to refund us... saying we can go to the match when it is resheduled... but now the match has been resheduled for end of Ocober beginging of November, and due to work , we cannot go... we have said we cant go, but they are still refusing to refund us any money, saying the money is with their suppliers ie, hotelier in Italy, flights, and rugy tickets,... how do we stand ? thankyou...
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Yorkshire, England
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: we just keep emailing them... we have been emalng them since all the flights and match got cancelled, but they just keep fobbing us off...
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: only that they have £1300 of our money... and dont appear to want to give us it back....

Hello, this is Jim, a dual-qualified lawyer (UK & Republic of Ireland) and happy to help you today.

If they cannot offer the service on the date you paid to go - you are due a refund due to breach of contract. I have checked their terms and conditions - it says nothing which allows them to postpone the dates due to an external event.
I will set out what to do next.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Aww thanku

No problem at all.
If you booked by credit card then you can make a claim - you can contact the card provider and ask for a refund under S.75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 - as they are jointly liable if you do not get the service you paid for. You can claim a full refund even if you only paid for part of the trip with the credit card as long as £100 or more was spent.

If you did not use a credit card then I would recommend that you send the company a formal letter before action to demand payment within 30 days and say that if they do not pay you, you will issue county court proceedings against them. See attached template as an example of what to say. Please let me know if you cannot see the letter which I have uploaded. You will need to tailor this letter to your situation. It refers to flights but it applies to a service or ticket booking such as yours.
Send to ***** 1010 Cambourne Business Park, Cambourne, Cambridge, CB23 6DP

You may also want to threaten a report to Trading Standards (who can be contacted on 03454 040506).

You will need to register at so that you are ready to issue the claim in the event they dispute the claim and do not pay you. The website is very user-friendly and you would not need a lawyer to use the money claim site. Claims with a value of under £10,000 are classed as a "small claim", so legal costs are not recoverable and the matter may be dealt with on paper by a Judge, not at a hearing. A hearing may be necessary if the court thinks that oral evidence is required to dispose of the case.

You would claim the sum for the loss, the court issue fee (details of the money claim fees are listed here at page 5: and court interest which is 8% calculated on a daily rate from the date of loss to date of court judgment. The site allows you to calculate the interest and add it to the claim.

If you win then once you have the CCJ from the court the defendant has 14 days to pay in full. If they do not then it gets registered with the credit agencies after 30 days. You can also enforce the CCJ with the county court bailiffs or transfer the debt to the High Court for a small additional fee assuming the total amount owed is at least £600 and you can use the high court enforcement officers who have greater powers than county court bailiffs. The transfer fee is added on to the debt and payable by the defendant.

There are other enforcement methods which I can help with, including bank account freeze, charging order on their property (and then apply to force a sale), application to wind up the company if £750 or more is owed (if suing a limited company), apply to summons them to court for questioning, all of which can ensure you are actually repaid the money.

You may find they just pay you after receiving the letter before action – hopefully they will want to avoid litigation.

I hope this helps - if you can please accept the answer and give me a 5 star rating (there should be a button at the top of your screen to do this), I can answer follow up questions at no extra charge and Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.

Many thanks,


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's brilliant... thanku...I will do all what u say ...... so is there just this £5 fee for this.... u wont take money each month going forward ?? Thanks linda

Hi there, that's correct - if you can email***@******.*** to say you do not want monthly membership.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Brill ... thanku

No problem, have a good evening

JimLawyer and 5 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanku .. u too