Mina Counsel
Mina Counsel, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister
109424057

I want to know what I need to do if I receive expire beauty

I want to know what I need to do if I receive expire beauty product from company
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
M in uk not in australia
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
How long?

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a practising barrister with over 15 years experience. I am happy to assist you today. I may need to ask you some questions in order to determine your legal position.

(Please note this is not always an instant service so I may not be able to reply immediately. Rest assured that I am dealing with your query and will get back to you the same day. / within 24 hours if it's outside office hours.)

Are you in England / Wales?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
England

Thank you. Can you tell me more about these products? Was it an online purchase or did you buy them from a shop? What was the payment method?

Have you raised the issue with the company?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
As m a bodyshop home consultant and after my customer complained it I knew about it . There is a website called check fresh.com which provides the manufacturing date . As at first I thought website was not reliable but after I went through all product I have most were manufactured on 2012 which means 2015 is the. Expired date. Some of them was manufactured on 2020 than I knew source is reliable Ben when I contact them they were replying back as if nothing happened .i have sold almost £2000 of product on which 90% complain was expire product. Even the one I have now I got only the product which is expired rest I checked and dispatch to customer
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
When I said this to shop manager she was like if you don’t want don’t buy it

How much have you suffered financially?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Around £2000 to £2500

Do you have a copy of the agreement that you have with them? If yes can you upload it so that I can take a look for you?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Contract or something else?
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I have order number consultant id and item in with me.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
A email send by customer service team saying that they will issue me refund but item have been sent all over uk and 2 of ther customer they sent their item to their relatives in other country.

Are you considering offering refund to all these customers?

If you are, what you need to do is the on top of the money you paid to the company, you should be compensated for the loss of your profit as well.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I need to refund all the money to customers
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
But they are taking 3 to 5 days to rep back for the issue.becasue of this I can’t even express how stress I was . I couldn’t sleep eat or spend time with family thinking of what might it happen to me.

Ok, if you need to write to the company and send out your losses, you should also claim for the time you now have to spend to refund your customers.

I would recommend that you send the company a formal letter before action to demand payment within 14 days and say that if they do not pay you, you will issue county court proceedings against them.

You may also want to threaten a report to Trading Standards (who can be contacted on 03454 040506).

You will need to register at www.moneyclaim.gov.uk so that you are ready to issue the claim in the event they dispute the claim and do not pay you. The website is very user-friendly and you would not need a lawyer to use the money claim site. Claims with a value of under £10,000 are classed as a "small claim", so legal costs are not recoverable and the matter may be dealt with on paper by a Judge, not at a hearing. A hearing may be necessary if the court thinks that oral evidence is required to dispose of the case.

You would claim the sum for the loss, the court issue fee and court interest which is 8% calculated on a daily rate from the date of loss to date of court judgment. The site allows you to calculate the interest and add it to the claim.

If you win then once you have the CCJ from the court the defendant has 14 days to pay in full. If they do not then it gets registered with the credit agencies after 30 days. You can also enforce the CCJ with the county court bailiffs if they still do not pay.

You may find they just pay you after receiving the letter before action – hopefully they will want to avoid litigation.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
How I send a formal letter?

I will send you a template. One moment.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Okey sure thank you very much

I hope this helps? If I have answered the question would you kindly leave me a 5 star rating (at the top of your screen). If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you!

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I have send a short vedio how I checked the item date
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Please let me know if I have a strong point to show if it goes to county court

You said they have already promise you a refund, meaning they are not denying the products are expired, therefore you do not have to prove that.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Okey sure I will send them the letter
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Really appreciated thank you very much for the help

You are welcome.

If you could rate this question now I will close it manually. Thank you.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Okey sure