NewExpertAS4920
NewExpertAS4920, Solicitor
Experience:  -
108371865

My Previous Employers, not Paying Overtime Work I have done?

My Previous Employers, not Paying Overtime Work I have done ?
JA: Have you discussed this wage-and-hour issue with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: Manager is always Busy ? In meetings , I’ve contacted HR . But still waiting for Reply .
JA: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: I was laid off due to COVID 19 , Yes I belong to Unison.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I need to talk to someone to Explain what’s Happened, it’s Very Complicated.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Hi! I am a qualified solicitor in England and Wales. I will be assisting you with your query today. I may need to ask a few questions before I can address your query.Please bear in mind this is a chat service and there maybe delays in responding due to assisting other customers.
Please go ahead and explain the situation
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I HAVE BEEN WORKING FOR A COMPANY CALLED 'IDVERDE '(GROUNDS MAINTANECE) A NATIONWIDE COMPANY IN THE UK BUT BASED IN FRANCE.(FRENCH COMPANY
LOOKING AFTER ALL 'LOCAL COUNCIL PROPERTIES IN EASTBOURNE SINCE APRIL 2018 AS A CASAUAL STAFF MEMBER , BUT WAS EMPLOYED FULL TIME IN SEPTEMBER 2018.
ALL OVERTIME WAS PAID EVERY MONTH WITH OUT FAIL . LAST YEAR THE CONTRACT WAS UP FOR 'TENDER', IDVERDE LOST THE CONTRACT TO ANOTHER COMPANY CALLED 'BURLEYS'. WHILE ALL THIS WAS GOING ON , IDVERDE WENT AND BOUGHT THE COMPANY THAT OWNED 'BURLEYS'. SO BASICALLY I STILL WORK FOR IDVERDE , BUT BURLEYS RUN THE EASTBOURNE SITES.
SINCE THEY HAVE TAKEN OVER , THEY;VE RATTLED A FEW PEOPLE WITH THEIR ATTITUDE TOWARDS THE IDVERDE STAFF.
ANYWAY THEY HAVE'NT PAID ANY OF MY OVERTIME SINCE APRIL , I WORK 7 DAYS A WEEK , BECAUSE NOBODY WILL COVER MY ROUND ( I EMPTY THE BINS IN THE LOCAL PARKS AND PLAYGROUNDS) 24 SITES IN ALL. THE 'CLIENT' WHO IS 'EASTBOURNE BOROUGH COUNCIL' STATED THAT THEY WANTED SOMEONE (ME) TO COVER THE PARKS AND PLAYGROUND OVER THE WEEKEND OTHERWISE THE 'BINS WOULD BE OVERFLOWING AND LITTER/RUBBISH WOULD BE EVERYWHERE, IVE BEEN DOING THIS FOR 2+ YEARS AND NEVER HAD A NEGATIVE FEEBACK ALWAYS POSITIVE COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC. BUT SINCE BURLEYS HAVE TAKEN OVER , THEY WANTED 'NOBODY' WORKING THE WEEKENDS BUT WHERE TOLD BY THE LOCAL COUNCIL THEY HAD TO COVER IT , AND THE 'MANAGER OF BURLEYS WAS NOT HAPPY BECAUSE IT ATE INTO HIS BUDGET. IM OWED JUST OVER A £1000 . ALL I WANT IS WHAT IM OWED .
THANKS
I suggest you raise a formal grievance with HR. this will enforce your employer to formally discuss this matter with you and accordingly matters can be resolved. You should also review your grievance policy.it will outline exactly how long they can take to deal with your grievance.
I hope that answers your query. If not please feel free to ask follow up questions
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thank You for Your Help , But I Know Longer Work For Them.
I see. Did your resign? When was your last day?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I did , 2nd of July

The fact you are owed money you have a claim again your employer for unlawful deduction of wages. You should commence early conciliation via ACAS. ACAS is a free service which acts as a mediator between you and your ex employer. It is also a mandatory step before pursuing your employer through the employment tribunal. You can find out more about early conciliation using the below link: https://www.acas.org.uk/early-conciliation

If ACAS is unable to assist you and your employer in coming to a settlement then they will issue a certificate which you will need in order to lodge a claim against your employer.

Does that answer your query today?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thanks for your Help at this time of Night.
It's my pleasure. I note you've given my answer a 3* rating. Please feel free to give me feedback when possible. Best wishes.