Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

How do I raise a dispute with a caravan site for what is

How do I raise a dispute with a caravan site for what is considered to be an unfair removal of a caravan?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Vale of Glamorgan, Wales.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Verbal consultations with the site manager
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The plot was bought for 25 years

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

Can you please explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
The owner of the van had purchased the van on site for £24k plus £3k ground rent in advance totalling £27k. This was approximately 4/5years ago therefore is roughly 20years remaining. He has been evicted on the grounds of poor behaviour which we do not dispute, however the caravan park have issued 1 warning letter and then removed the van from the plot, and said it needs to be removed within 2 weeks from
Today. They removed the van from the plot around 3/4 weeks ago, therefore will have given approximately 7 weeks for full removal. The issue is the tenant is now homeless, unable to enter the site at all and unable to purchase alternative accommodation as his money is tied up in the van

What is it you want to know about this?
Does the agreement say it can be terminated?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
The issue is, it appears that the eviction hasnt been properly executed. He was issued a warning letter june 24th we think and the told to leave immediately, then the van removed from the plot the following day. No sufficient time given to find alternative accommodation.

Ah, so you want an injunction, is that right?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I want to know if they can remove the van without giving sufficient notice, ban him
From the site, not allow him
Back or for the van to be sold on with the plot he paid for?

Does the contract allow for the van to be removed?

Does he have an annual licence?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Im currently trying to find documentation of his contract. Do the site have to provide this upon request?

Yes it does.

But sounds like you need an injunction to get the caravan back.

You would need to complete forms N1:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/form-n1-claim-form-cpr-part-7

And N16a:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/form-n16a-application-for-injunction-general-form

The court will list for hearing and decide whether or not to grant an order.

If the court does and they ignore it, this will be contempt of Court which they may be warned, fined or sent to prison.

That should resolve it for you.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer, by clicking the button at the top of the screen. I am not paid for my time unless you rate.

If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Your advice has been amazing, thank you and I will definitely give a 5star rating.
I want to clarify, the site have said he needs to remove the van within the next 2 weeks however will not allow it to go back on the site, not even if a new owner purchases it.
I have a buyer for the van however they want the van on that particular site. Are the able to black list the van??

That I dont know - you might be able to alert the Police

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
It would be a civil matter not a criminal matter.
I will contact you again tomorrow with more information if ok?

Sure