Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

We have just had a terrible holiday experience and I would

We have just had a terrible holiday experience and I would like to have some advice on what I would be able to claim.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Hemel Hempstead
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Sent a complaint to holiday company, and contacted a holiday claims company bott and co.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Here are full details on the problems:
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
please read the attached wordpad document for full details.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

How much are you seeking to claim?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Ideally the whole cost of the holiday 4500 + the 1000 we had to spend to rebook. Did you manage to read the complaint in full with the file I attached?

You need to write a letter, set out your losses and request compensation within 30 days or say you will go to Court. This is called a pre-action protocol letter of claim. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy. You must give 30 days warning before going to Court.

If they do not compnsate you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/form-n1-claim-form-cpr-part-7 and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value, you would need representation for trial.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer, by clicking the button at the top of the screen. I am not paid for my time unless you rate.

If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Hi, Would you be able to read the complaint and give me an idea of how much I would be able to claim?

Yes I did read it.

I dont think you could claim more than £20,000 or so in damages

Does that assist?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I'm not asking for that much. I want at least the cost of the holiday as well as damages for the fact they ruined our dream holiday and caused anxiety. Realistically how much do you think I would get?

Yes I think that is reasonable given your complaint

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
OK thank you. thats all.

Can I assist with anything else tonight?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Is there anything else that can help back up my claim that I should do?

You have the evidence as set out.

I think you have a good claim

Does that assist?