JimLawyer
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
97337639

We would like to get confirmation that we do not need any

Hello ,
We would like to get confirmation that we do not need any fca permissions to run a lead generation website for mortgage brokers , so basically the site would have lots of helpful factual information for mortgage hunters . They can then leave their details for a qualified broker to contact them . We as a company would not be giving any advice in any shape or form , merely just generating leads for the brokers. PLease confirm ?

Hello, this is Jim, a dual-qualified lawyer (UK & Republic of Ireland) and happy to help you today.
As long as you are not offering financial advice or influencing anyone to make a decision as to a particular mortgage then you would not be caught by the FCA rules - so no authorisation would be required. If you are simply generating leads for brokers then your business is not required to be authorised. If you want to double check this you can ask the FCA on 0800(###) ###-####but my answer is that no you do not required permission by the FCA.

I hope this helps? If I have answered the question would you kindly leave me a 5 star rating (at the top of your screen), any follow up questions are welcomed.

Many thanks,

Jim

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Thank you Jim as i expected but just wanted to double check with a lawyer . thankyou

No problem, thanks and have a good day.
Jim