james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

My daughter is in a domestic relationship her partner is on

My daughter is in a domestic relationship her partner is on bail I have seen them together yesterday has she breeched her bail
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: In england
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: i sat outside my daughter address and heard Rachel shouting in the bedroom. And I rang 999 they didn’t attend straight away then I heard kayleigh scream and rang them back then Rachel and kayleigh came out off the cottage I followed them round two streets but due to my heath I couldn’t keep up with them so I lost sight off them and I did take a photo off them both
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hello i may assist.

If any person is on police bail and they breach it, they can be re-arrested by the police.

Normally, it would be the person they have been named to stay away from who would call the police.

You may have done the right thing reporting what you saw to the police, but it would be unlikely that they would drop everything to rush to a domestic breach of bail matter. That said, they will investigate now you have reported the matter, they should speak with your daughter to get a statement.

One word of advice for you however, that is to take care if you are out watching them and following them. Either of them could report that to the police as stalking or harassment. Which could actually lead to you being arrested, or having a restraining order put on you.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
My daughter made a statement on the 12th July the officer in charge told me I can go and check on my daughter Rachel is the one on bail and she tried to drown my daughter in the paddling pool
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
I carnt afford that as I am on benefits

The offer of a call is auto generated from the website not from me. we can very easy chat and advise here.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Ok

As your daughter is the victim, then you need to make sure that you encourage her to report the bail breach to the police and make sure they take a statement. Also get them to take a statement from you, as you are an eye witness to this beach.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
She is scared off Rachel as this is ongoing for 13 months and Rachel dosent allow my daughter to leave her site she controls everything my daughter does I have made a statement to the DVIU kayleigh is on the High risk register
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Rachel is not allowed in the town where my daughter lives or the cottage a neighbor heard them both on Friday evening in the garden
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
There is a new order cone out called a coverse control order

You need to make or take her to the police to complain.

It may also be possible for your daughter to make an application to the family court for a non molestation order. This can be applied for as an emergency application by contacting your local court. If granted a hearing would take place later to decide whether to keep the order inn place. Very powerful order, because any breach can lead to arrest as contempt of court.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
I no but she won’t come with me I tried I had a order like that on my sister in law and she broke the injunction with power off arrest on it and was takern to court

Unfortunately without your daughter taking the step to do something, there is nothing anyone can do to help.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Ok thanks for your advice

If your daughter does decide to take action, and you need more advice please come back to me.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry with JustAnswer.

Can I assist further?

I would be obliged if you could Click the 5 stars at the top of the webpage (this will not cost any extra). This will tell the website that I have responded to your question, you can, of course, continue to ask any follow up questions free of charge. Although you have already paid, I won’t be paid by Justanswer for my time if there is no rating left for me.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
I hope she will do something before she either ends up being arrested like she was of dead Rachel has told kayleigh lies that’s why she’s back in the cottage she sent me a email saying the police had called and Rachel is off bail

As i say, only your daughter can make the choice to contact police or move out if in danger.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Rachel isn’t on the tenancy

Then maybe your daughter need to change the locks on the property.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
kayleigh had a DVPN on her Rachel called kayleigh and she went back to the cottage and Rachel was in there a neighbor phoned to say Rachel was in there with kayleigh and kayleigh was arrested and remanded and I went to court and the judge said she wouldn’t lift the order off the address until she had a address for Rachel Rachel was living in a hostel but the Officer in charge off the case told me we’d her bail address is Swindon she lied to him and the custody sergeant saying faulse bail address
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
I did that back in April when kayleigh was on her DVPN as soon as kayleigh was off it Rachel was back there she’s got a door key to the property

Sorry but there is no more advice I can give, it is a messy domestic matter. Your daughter needs to go via the police and the courts to sort this out.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Ok thankyou

Can I assist further?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Ok will do

Thank you take care