Vineet S
Vineet S,
Experience:  Freelance Solicitor at Self Employed
60556257

I am paying for a carpet from scs and i have canceled the

Customer Question

i am paying for a carpet from scs and i have canceled the carpet but finance are charging me i have not cancelled as i do not want to ruin my credit rating
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: no
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: tried to phone them but when i get through it just buzzes, also been in the shop to cancel twice.sent a email about 2 months ago and still nothing
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no i dont think so
Expert:  Vineet S replied 9 days ago.

Welcome to JA. I’m Vineet, a UK qualified & practicing Solicitor and I will be dealing with your case today.

Kindly note, I am not available for phone calls at the moment, however I can easily assist you via this online chat. So, please ignore any phone call request pop-up,they get generated automatically without any input from the expert, so I have no control over these requests.

Expert:  Vineet S replied 9 days ago.

I will get back to you with my answer shortly.

Many Thanks.

Expert:  Vineet S replied 9 days ago.

Hi there,

If you have cancelled the product, then the ancillary finance agreement should have been cancelled, and payments should not have taken from your account.

If the finance company is still charging you , then complaint it the Credit Services Association and to the Financial Ombudsman.

If you have any follow-up question, please let me know

&

If that answers your question, then please don`t forget to rate the answer

Thank you and all the best.