JoeN819
JoeN819,
Experience:  Expert
109896636

I want to use the word Godzilla as the name of a new

Customer Question

I want to use the word Godzilla as the name of a new business unrelated to the existing trademarks I looked up online. Can I do this?
Expert:  JoeN819 replied 7 days ago.

Hello - Happy to assist with your case. This is not always an instant service so there might delays between messages but rest assured i am dealing with your case and will provide a response as soon as possible. Hope OK

Expert:  JoeN819 replied 4 days ago.

Yes you can as long as its not similar to another company's name or trademark as you may have to change it if someone makes a complaint. Sincere apologies for the radio silence

May I assist further?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
But the name godzilla is heavily trade marked. So when you say as long as its not similar to another company I get confused.
Expert:  JoeN819 replied 4 days ago.

Thank you - If the trademark exists then we have a bit of a problem here as you may have ti change it if someone makes a complaint. I appreciate it was not the response you were hoping to hear but at least you know where you stand legally.

Very best,

Expert:  JoeN819 replied 3 days ago.

Unless I can assist further, I invite you to rate the service (top right corner of your page) so Just Answer can credit me for helping you today. Thank you