How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35807
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Im selling my flat and one of the transferee will not sign

Customer Question

Im selling my flat and one of the transferee will not sign the TR1. What are my options.
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: no only the papers the solicitor has sent out to sign
JA: Where is the flat located?
Customer:*****Southport Merseyside
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: A solution and a way forward
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 16 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you. I am reviewing your question now, and will respond further within a few minutes

Expert:  Clare replied 16 days ago.

Have contracts been exchanged?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
The first sale fell through ‘‘tis is another offer so trying to sort problem before we hit a brick wall. I have to go out now so can I respond tomorrow or Monday.
Expert:  Clare replied 16 days ago.

So who will not sign the TR1 - a buyer or a seller.

If it is another seller then what is your relationship with that person

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
one of the freeholders in the block. I am the power of attorney.
Expert:  Clare replied 15 days ago.


So you are selling the freehold as PoA for one of how many other owners?

Expert:  Clare replied 12 days ago.

I am sorry that you have not been able to respond but I hope a brief overview may assist

If a joint owner is refusing to sign the Transfer forms then you can make an application to the court using the Trusts of Land and aAppointment of Trustees act to force him to sign or face penalties of he does not

Please ask if you need further details