12826847

I received a PCN. It states the expiry time on the PCN of

Customer Question

I received a PCN. It states the expiry time on the PCN of 14:27. I didn’t buy my ticket until 15:27!
JA: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me where this is?
Customer: Granville Street Car Park, Swindon, Wiltshire
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i purchased the ticket at 15:27 for an hour. I had an appointment at my solicitors as I was completing on my house purchase. I was supposed to be back at my car at 16:27, however there were issues with the purchase so it ran over. I was very stressed, and I got back to my car at 16:47. the expiry on the ticket is for an hour before I even parked?? However the contravention does state 16:47. Don’t they have to fill the ticket in correctly though?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 8 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 8 days ago.

Who is the issuer please

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Swindon Borough Council
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Swindon Borough Council in Wiltshire
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Hi, are you still there?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 8 days ago.

Thanks for the information

You could try to appeal onthis basis and it may succeed. You never really know with these local councils .

Obviously though whicheverway you look at this you didover stay and the contravention time is correct .

You could ask them to provethat the contravention time is correct and point out that the start time iswrong but the problem is then you would have to reveal the ticket and then itwill become obvious.

You may as well try thoughcause the initial appeal will not lead to an increase in the fine even if theydo refuse so there is no risk .

But to answer your questiondirectly, it is not right that they can't enforce the fine just because thereis 1 error on the ticket

Hopefully, Ihave answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. Ifanything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. Inthe meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Ok, thanks for your help
Expert:  Jo C. replied 8 days ago.

Noproblem.

Allthe best.