Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

I was working full time before going on maternity leave I

Customer Question

I was working full time before going on maternity leave I returned part time on 1st September this year on agreed hours now my manager is saying these agreed hours don't suit the business needs. I have offered to adjust them slightly but not to what they want. My new contract states 24hrs but no times
JA: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: with the manager who is also one of the owners
JA: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: employee
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: the hours were agreed back in August before I came back September 1st they are now saying I have no choice but to change to what they want or hand in my notice the manager said
Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 7 days ago.

Hi thank you for your message, this appears to amount to discrimination which could lead to an employment tribunal claim however, I suggest you first contact ACAS on: 0300(###) ###-####/p>

They are a government backed organisation that helps employees in disputes with employers and they can then intervene with your employer to resolve the issue. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.