MarianC
MarianC, Solicitor
Experience:  Expert
109551472

I was asked to attend a disciplinary meeting 2 weeks ago, I

Customer Question

I was asked to attend a disciplinary meeting 2 weeks ago, I was told in a letter that I was not allowed to have anyone to come with me. I resigned in disgust. Can my employer do this legally?
JA: Have you discussed the disciplinary action with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: It was the manager who wanted me to go to the meeting without representation
JA: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: I was a staff nurse who was blamed because a carer allowed an ex employee into the building to collect her payslip. I got the blame because I was in charge
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I was in the middle of my drug round, I didn't even know anyone else had came into the building
Expert:  MarianC replied 7 days ago.

Hello, if you are requested to attend a disciplinary meeting it is always a formal requirement to notify you that you are entitled to have someone with you, i.e usually a collegue, if you have a staff manual it should state this in there.

Marian

Kindly click the five stars at the top of the page, we can continue the conversation