Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

I need help with a commercial sublease, Newport, none, it is

Customer Question

I need help with a commercial sublease
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Newport
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: none
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: it is CCTV related
Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 13 days ago.
What is your query please?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hi I have a lease on a commercial property which I also have a sub tenant in the same building. The building is open space effectively and he has taken part of it. I have CCTV around the building. The subtenant has removed one of the cameras that points on his part of the lease. The same camera also covers areas of my business however. Is there anything I can do or is the subtenant correct by removing the camera?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I have attached an image from the camera which will indicate his sub lease area. However at the far end of the mezzanine you will see a white wall on the upper level which is part of my area of the lease on the building. This camera is the only one that covers this part of my property

He cannot remove the camera so you can ask him to pay for the camera to be reinstalled and if he does not sue him for breach of the lease. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Please can you elaborate why he can not remove the camera. He is saying I have no rights and it’s his business so why should my camera be focussed on his sub lease area? Sorry I just need to understand fully before I approach him

The relationship between you is governed by the lease, if the lease does not grant him authority to do something he does not have the right to do it. The lease does not allow him to remove the camera therefore he cannot do it. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.