Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

I am an EEA National with Settled Status living in the UK.

Customer Question

Hi, I am an EEA National with Settled Status living in the UK. My non-EEA National mum who lives in Srilanka is my dependant. I am confused which of the two applications I need to go for e.g. EEA Family Permit or the EU Settlement Scheme. Please could you advise?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: Hi, I am an EEA National with Settled Status living in the UK. My non-EEA National mum who lives in Srilanka is my dependant. I am confused which of the two applications I need to go for e.g. EEA Family Permit or the EU Settlement Scheme. Please could you advise?
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the family visa?
Customer: Hi, I am an EEA National with Settled Status living in the UK. My non-EEA National mum who lives in Srilanka is my dependant. I am confused which of the two applications I need to go for e.g. EEA Family Permit or the EU Settlement Scheme. Please could you advise?
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Hi, I am an EEA National with Settled Status living in the UK. My non-EEA National mum who lives in Srilanka is my dependant. I am confused which of the two applications I need to go for e.g. EEA Family Permit or the EU Settlement Scheme. Please could you advise?
Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 8 days ago.
It would be an EU family permit. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thank you. When you say EU Family Permit, are you referring to the EUSS family permit (and not the EEA Family Permit)?

Yes precisely. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.