INC Law
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

I am looking to buy house which had its basement separated

Customer Question

I am looking to buy house which had its basement separated in the 1990s
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: The current owner acquired both the house and basement flat we wish to buy them
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: London
JA: Where is the house located?
Customer: South Woodford
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I want to know what has to be done to combine the flat and hose back together and approx costs and would it be better to have current own do this?
Expert:  INC Law replied 10 days ago.

Thank you for your query. Is there two separate land Registry titles?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
There are separate leaseholds for flat and house and freehold for land, all owned by same person
Expert:  INC Law replied 10 days ago.

Following the completion if the purchase, you should ask your Solicotor to make an application to him Land Registry to merge the titles. They will do so and let you have one title number for the whole property.

If done at the time of registration of your transfer, it would not cost anything extra.

I hope this answers your questions. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.