How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SolicitorRM Your Own Question
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4170
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
Type Your Law Question Here...
SolicitorRM is online now

I have parental responsibility for my grandson and am also

Customer Question

I have parental responsibility for my grandson and am also his appointed guardian, I have recently found out that when he has weekend visits with his mother she gets him to speak to his grandfather on the phone from prison who is a convicted pedophile, I am not happy with this situation what can I do to stop this
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: Papers for what
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: I have filled and been granted by the family court full parental responsibility and guardianship
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 7 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 7 days ago.

Good morning, thank you for your enquiry and patience. I am sorry to hear of your circumstances. If you feel that it is not in your grandson's best interests that he speaks to his grandfather then in the first instance you need to speak to his mother to advise that you do not agree with what she is doing and explain why you feel it is hurtful to her son. If she agrees mutually to stop then that would be the ideal situation, if she does not agree with your view and refuses you would have no option but to apply to court for a child arrangements order where you specify that whilst with his mother he is not to speak to the grandfather and attach a witness statement to the C100 form with all your reasons. The court will then decide. If you have not had mediation with the mother in the last 4 months you will need to mediate first before filing the application with the court. I hope this helps and all the best.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Does this apply if my grandson is 16 in two weeks, but I do have parental responsibility until he is 18
Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 7 days ago.

It does he is still a minor until 18.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thank you for your help
Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 7 days ago.

You are welcome. If it is not too much trouble may you kindly take a couple of seconds to leave you feedback by clicking on the row of stars at the top. All the best.