plclegal
plclegal, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister at law
101823876

Oh, I need help with a brief statement letter that says why

Customer Question

Oh hi
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I need help with a brief statement letter that says why I think i should be granted a state. In fact 2 statements, I and my partner. We are waiting for a court hearing which the date is not set yet. But we need submit documents on monday
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Appeal filed. But hearing date was not given up to now due to vivid 19.
JA: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No I think I am at that stage now where I just need to explain myself. Legal facts terms.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
London UK
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 7 days ago.

Expert:  plclegal replied 6 days ago.

Hello, my name is*****'m a barrister and I’ve been asked to look at this for you, thank you for your patience.

Please bear in mind as this is an email service and not live chat I may not respond immediately.

How can I help you with this today? Do you have the statement for me to cast an eye over?

Expert:  plclegal replied 6 days ago.

I didn't hear from you, so I'll do my best with the information that you have provided to give you some help and guidance with this.

Writing statements is something of an art, and one that a lot of people don't find easy. It's important to be clear, concise (where you can be) and to set out things in a logical order, obviously.

The link here is a helpful guide to drafting ywitness statements for the family court, and should hopefully assist: https://rightsofwomen.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/A-guide-to-preparing-witness-statements-for-the-Family-Court.pdf

I hope that this helps. If you have further questions or can give me more information about a specific issue, I'll do my best to help. Kind regards, Peter