SolicitorRM
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

I have a question regarding employment contract, A manager,

Customer Question

I have a question regarding employment contract
JA: Was the employment contract issue discussed with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: A manager
JA: Does the workplace operate with employees, freelancers, consultants, contractors or with unionised employees?
Customer: All of these
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I need a lawyer that knows Zero Hour contract law
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
As part of the zero hour contract it states the below regarding accepting collections:HI I', on a Zero hour Contract.
Please can you tell me if the clause below in my contract is enforceable by my employer?You are under no obligation to state that you are available to work but you cannot refuse to accept Routine or On-Call collections during the time that you say you are available. In order that Alere Toxicology can plan its work, it will assume that you are not available unless you give us notice of your availability in accordance with the terms of this Contract.
The terms within the contract are not negotiable but contracts are reviewed annually by the business managers.
As part of the zero hour contract it states the below regarding accepting collections:
Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 6 days ago.

Hi thank you for your enquiry and patience. What would you like to know on zero hours contracts please?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
HI I', on a Zero hour Contract.
As part of the zero hour contract it states the below regarding accepting c

Hi thank you for your enquiry and patience. Apologies for the delay in responding I was off for the rest of the day yesterday. Not knowing what the rest of the clause says as it seems to end abruptly, the clause boarders on being invalid but it is not simply because they added ..'during the time that you say you are available'. Without this it would not be valid as it would be self contradictory in saying you are not bound to work but you cannot refuse to work.

I hope this helps and I would be grateful for your feedback at your convenience. Feel free to ask any follow on questions should you have any. All the best.