How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ivorylounge Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 36680
Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed Barrister
Type Your Law Question Here...
ivorylounge is online now

I lent the son of a friend 10k for 2 weeks, that was 3

Customer Question

I lent the son of a friend 10k for 2 weeks, that was 3 months ago, what is the most effective way to get the money owed
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: uk
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: phone calls and text
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  ivorylounge replied 9 days ago.

Do you have proof?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Paid from my business account to his personal account, referenced Loan
Expert:  ivorylounge replied 9 days ago.

Let me see if I can help and please rate 5 stars. The best thing for you to do if you have not already done this is to formally write to them stressing that unless the money is returned within say 14 or 28 days that you will issue court proceedings for the money owed. You can if necessary then apply to the court for the money at

Happy to discuss and please rate 5 stars

Expert:  ivorylounge replied 9 days ago.

Hi can you please rate 5 stars