12826847

Jo, Some while ago somebody hit my whilst in a car park, I

Customer Question

Hello Jo, Some while ago somebody hit my whilst in a car park, I was not present at the time. I thought I ought to notify my insurance co. I have since found that I am listed as a risk and my premium is loaded by £150. Covea
JA: What state was the citation in? And have you consulted a local attorney?
Customer: will not remove it. It will eventually cost me thousand of pounds. I did not do any thing wrong, but am being penalised for notifying the company. Can you help me? Regards ***** ***** Email,***@******.***
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am 84 yrs. old and living on a small pension. regards bill
Expert:  Jo C. replied 9 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 9 days ago.

Are you asking if they can do this?

Expert:  Jo C. replied 9 days ago.

Did you ever claim?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
NO. I forgot to mention that I did not claim, I paid for the repair from my own pocket. It was a courtesy call from me and it has caused me trouble ever since.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 9 days ago.

Thanks for the information

If you didn’t claim then itshouldn’t have made any difference at all to your policy.

You need to check what isthe basis for this increase. They shouldspecify.

If it is that you haveincreased the risk because you have claimed then that is wrong and you cancomplain to the insurance ombudsman.

Hopefully, Ihave answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. Ifanything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. Inthe meantime, thank you once again for using our services.