12826847

I failed in final exam of my course due to covid

Customer Question

i failed in final exam of my course due to covid circumstances. I am an international student how can i make an resit appeal ?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: nottingham, united kingdom
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: i have emailed to senior administrator of collge i have message my tutor and program leader but they seen the message but didnt reply
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thats it
Expert:  Jo C. replied 7 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 7 days ago.

If this is a university final then you have a right of appeal of any decision of the university.

Obviously it may not succeed but you have a legitimate appeal.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 7 days ago.

You have to use the appeal procedure though. There is no point in sending off emails to tutors unless that is the specified procedure.

You might as well appeal . There is no risk.

Hopefully, Ihave answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. Ifanything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. Inthe meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
In academic appeal it says I have to submit evidence, what evidence should I submit ? Due to covid I was having housing problems And internet problems
Expert:  Jo C. replied 7 days ago.

Housing problems would probably not be considered.

Internet problems would if it could be shown that it encroached on your ability to study. That might be more likely to succeed if courses are dependent on resources online.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I have actually failed 2 modules of my foundation certificate in science and engineering in Nottingham Trent international college finals. I do not secure place in other university until I pass the exam but I don’t have enough time either as my visa ends at October 15. How can I request with strong evidence for resit appeal ?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 7 days ago.

You can only tell the truth.

Only you will know the basis of your appeal.

What are the grounds?