How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JoeN819 Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 48
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Law Question Here...
JoeN819 is online now

I need help with making a Money Claim Online from a UK

Customer Question

Hello. I need help with making a Money Claim Online from a UK resident. I am neither a resident or citizen of the UK
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: Yes I have. But the debtor has been evading and now lives in the UK. The debt was given as school fees for a UK university
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have written e-mails, tried to get the debtor to put forth a payment plan and reached out to relevant family members Debt was given in February 2017
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nothing at this time
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  MarianC replied 10 days ago.

Hello what help do you need exactly?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I need to be able to commence the process towards making a claim and a county judgement against the debtor
Expert:  MarianC replied 10 days ago.

so you need to register with MoneyClaim Online and start your claim.

Expert:  MarianC replied 10 days ago.

Are you able to do that ?

Expert:  JoeN819 replied 8 days ago.

Hello - Happy to assist.

Expert:  JoeN819 replied 8 days ago.

First of all I would recommend that you send the debtor a formal letter before action to demand payment within 30 days and say that if they do not pay you, you will issue county court proceedings against them. See attached template as an example of what to say. You will need to tailor this letter to your situation.

If they dispute the claim and do not pay you the Next step will be to start your claim. You will need to register your claim The website is very user-friendly and you would not need a lawyer to use the money claim site.

I trust this helps. I would be obliged if you could Click the 5 stars at the top of the webpage (this will not cost any extra). This will tell the website that I have responded to your question, you can, of course, continue to ask any follow up questions free of charge. Although you have already paid, I won’t be credit for assisting by Justanswer for my time if there is no rating left for me.