Mina Counsel
Mina Counsel, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister
109424057

OUR LOCAL TRAVEL AGENT, HAVING ALREADY CHARGE AN EXTRA £80

Customer Question

oUR LOCAL TRAVEL AGENT, HAVING ALREADY CHARGE AN EXTRA £80 FOR A DELAYED HOLIDAY IS NOW INSISTING WE GET COVID TESYED PRIVATELY COSTING £200 EACH. WE ARE GOING TO JERSEY AND JERSEY HAS NO SUCH REQUIREMENT FOR ENTRY OTHER THAN A FORM FILL IN BEFORE YOU GO. i BELIEVE IT IS JUST A PLOY TO GET PEOPLE TO CANCEL IN ORDER TO RETAIN THEIR MONEY IF THEY DO SO.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: i AM IN DRIFFIELD EAST, YORKSHIRE
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: i HAVE SPOKEN TO THE TRAVEL AGENT WHO INSISTS IF WE TURN UP WITHOUT TEST CERTIFICATES WE WILL NOT BE ALLOWED ON THE BUS.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: WHETHER HE CAN MAKE THESE DEMANDS COSTING US AS A COUPLE ANTHER £400 POUNDS WHEN jERSEY HAS NO SUCH ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
Expert:  Mina Counsel replied 7 days ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a practising barrister with over 15 years experience. I am happy to assist you today. I may need to ask you some questions in order to determine your legal position and I will provide you with an email advice on the same day.

There will be an automatic generated phone call offer should you wish to speak to me directly for a fixed fee with no time limit.

(Please note this is NOT always an instant chat service therefore I may not be able to reply immediately. Rest assured that I am dealing with your query and will get back to you the same day. / within 24 hours if it's outside office hours.)

Base on the information you provided, the travel agent cannot legally force you to take a private covid test and if they refuse to let you get on the bus, you will be entitled to full refund as that was never part of the terms when you took out the agreement with them.

Expert:  Mina Counsel replied 6 days ago.

Can I clarify anything else for you?

If I have answered the question would you kindly leave me a 5 star rating (at the top of your screen). If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you.