13262538

It is about a family member who was convicted for a offence.

it is about a family member who was convicted for a sexual offence. They have served their prison sentence and are on the sex offenders register
JA: What was the conviction for exactly? Have all appeals been exhausted?
Customer: They are free now and trying to get on with their lives but an ex partner is spreading rumours which are untrue l am concerned may lead to trouble for him
JA: Where did this occur?
Customer: South of England. He told the partner what he was convicted for and that he was on the sex offenders list. the police also went and spoke to them face to face sp they where fully aware and then had a live in relationship. Now they have broke up she is saying she is a victim and trying to stir up problem
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no l think that enough
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
His ex partner has his phone and has used his numbers to contact people on it. The police are aware they have his phone. The ex partner has recently contacted him via emailto say that they have joined a group connected to Claire's law and are saying they are a victim as they did not know he was a sex offender.

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you. I am reviewing your question now, and will respond further within a few minutes

What do you wish to know about this?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Is what she is doing illegal ? He has an issue with going to the police for anything now and does not trust the system to support him. I am very concerned she has joined a group that is thete to support victims when she clearly knew what his offences where as the police did a face to face with her to say what he been convicted of so she did know. I am aware she has a mental health issue and she is not happy he has moved away. He tends to run when anything hapoens and l worry if she spreads lies abput him or exposes where he lives he may come to some harm..
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I am at work so not able to talk. I really just wanted to know if it is classed as harrasment. Does he have any right to make sure she is not on a site that is supposed to protect people and she is lying because she did know what he had done.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
She can not call him but she is email with some horrible things. He is keeping the emails

The fact that she is sending him unsolicited emails could indeed amount to harassment and he can ask the police to ask her to stop.

i am afraid the has no right to know or contact any group he is part of

I am sorry that the news is not better - please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thankyou for your advise .