How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 38228
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

My ex has just finished with me because his ex has told him

Customer Question

My ex has just finished with me because his ex has told him he has to choose between me or the kids. He will ovbiously choose his children. Last year he did a DNA test and found out his youngest (aged 2) isn’t his, and his oldest (aged 4) is. Under any normal circumstances he would have taken her to court to gain joint custody however, what are his rights towards the youngest child. He is on the birth certificates of both children and has raised both children since they were babies and can’t bare to lose his youngest, but he then has to lose me. What can we do
JA: What steps have been taken? Have any papers been filed in family court?
Customer: no
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county does he live in?
Customer: united kingdom
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Mina Counsel replied 15 days ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a practising barrister with over 15 years experience. I am happy to assist you today. I may need to ask you some questions in order to determine your legal position and I will provide you with an email advice on the same day.

There will be an automatic generated phone call offer should you wish to speak to me directly for a fixed fee with no time limit.

(Please note this is NOT always an instant chat service therefore I may not be able to reply immediately. Rest assured that I am dealing with your query and will get back to you the same day. / within 24 hours if it's outside office hours.)

Expert:  Mina Counsel replied 15 days ago.

Could you please firstly clarify where you are in the UK as the law is different in England & Wales, Scotland and Ireland. Thank you.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I am in the UK
Expert:  Mina Counsel replied 15 days ago.

In England?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I am in England in the north east
Expert:  F E Smith replied 12 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer.

I will be happy to assist with your question today. I need sometime to consider this and compose a response. There is NO need to wait online because you will get an email when I respond. Sometimes it will be minutes, sometimes longer.

I apologise for any unavoidable delay, but rest assured I havenot forgotten your question.

what exactly would you like to know about this matter please?