james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

Are you UK based? UK, Eight NIPs have been sent to me, I was

Hi are you UK based?
JA: Have they talked to a lawyer about this? What country do they live in? If different, what country does this legal question relate to?
Customer: UK
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: Eight NIPs have been sent to me
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I was sent these yesterday and they date from MAy until 12/08

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.
I assume these are all for motoring offences (speeding etc)

if so are you the registered keeper of the vehicle concerned?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Hi - yes I am but I am not sure if I was when all this happened. The dealer told me it was all sorted and he had registered me. I have an irish license. Also I dont have any previous points. These happened all in the same place where I live. It is a 30 and my NIPs say i was doing between 35 to 38
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I ant speak on the phone now

Is this in the England or Ireland

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
cant

If in U.K. do you have the vehicle V5 document showing you as registered owner. What. What date did you become the registered owner.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Hi - where can I check that?

It should be on the document.

Also is the registered address of the car the same as where you are actually living?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
it says acquired vehicle on 22 02 2022
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
it has my current address

That date is incorrect 2022?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
sorry, its 22 02 2020
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
but the change of address section is 02 09 20

Ok that means that ownership took place on the 22/02/20 you became registered keeper.

The address change took place on the 02/09/20

NIP have to be received within 14 days, but that is to the registered owner the registered address.
If all the NIP took place before the change of address and you have now just received them they are still valid.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
As I have no previous points what do you think will happen to me?
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Will I have a criminal record?

If all the NIP are carried out, you will go to court because you will most likely loose you licence.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
If I get all these points (24) and have to go to court how long is it usually before a court date. Is there a long delay? and during that time will I be able to drive?

You would need to reply to each NIP, then they would be processed. You May then get a summon for one, some, or all of them to go to court.
That could take several months, yes you can continue driving.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thanks James, do they need to have me in court before 6 months is up from the offense?

No, the first several may come back offering fixed penalty and points so ne need to go to court. Others may come through as summons.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
If they come through as summons will it be one court date or several?

It would depend where and when they are processed.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
i work in a psychiatric hospital that i need to drive to to get too.... if I lose my license that will be an issue for me. Would that count for anything in court. Also the majority of these offences happened coming back from work during the covid lockdown

The fact they happened during Covid would have no bearing on the matter.

If or when the Summons arrive if they are for different days but for the same court, then when you go for the first one, take the others with you, you could then ask the court to deal with them all at the same time. This way if you total more than 12 points, you could then make an exceptional hardship argument not to loose your licence as a totter.

Hello, I am just following up on your enquiry to see if I can assist further. Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.
please accept answer and rate by clicking on the stars