MarianC
MarianC, Solicitor
Experience:  Expert
109551472

Is there a time limit for reissuing dividend cheques to a

Customer Question

Is there a time limit for reissuing dividend cheques to a deceased investor
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: tHe UK
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: Probate has been obtained for the daugter of the decaesed but the cheques are for her father who died many years ago (possibly 20 years) and she did not take any action with them
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just to be clear the probate relates to the daughter and it is her father who is also deceased and the uncashed dividend cheques are in his name
Expert:  MarianC replied 9 days ago.

Good morning, this should not cause too much of a problem depending upon the amounts involved. If they do not amount to hundreds of pounds then you can just send the death certificate to the Registrars. I assume that the actual shares have been sold so there will be no need to start looking for share certificates.

Marian

Please click the five stars at the top of the page thank you

Expert:  MarianC replied 9 days ago.

If you get a chance please rate my response so that I am credited with assisting you, thank you

Expert:  MarianC replied 3 days ago.

Do you have any further questions?