SS Legal Advisor
SS Legal Advisor, Advocate
Experience:  Senior Caseworker at DL Solicitors
107664070

My 15 year old son is in custody being charged with afray

Customer Question

Hi there my 15 year old son is in custody being charged with afray what do I do now as I am worried ?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: No police came late last nite to tell us but we dont know what's best to do ?
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: I live Lancashire and he is already on police bail for other offences but not court bail ?
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just really what next step is as he is only a child ?
Expert:  SS Legal Advisor replied 6 days ago.
I am an experienced legal advisor and I am happy to answer your question.As he is a minor you are permitted to be with him for questioning and the police should tell you about this.He can be held for 24 hours unless its a serious crime which could be upto 96 hours. He should then be released on bail while they investigate to consider whether any further action is required.Kind regards
S