How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SS Legal Advisor Your Own Question
SS Legal Advisor
SS Legal Advisor, Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 761
Experience:  Senior Caseworker at DL Solicitors
Type Your Law Question Here...
SS Legal Advisor is online now

My husband wants to end the marriage. We have a very

Customer Question

Good morning, my husband wants to end the marriage. We have a very sensitive 17 year old son. I have secondary progressive Multiple Sclerosis and and registered disabled. My husband has been unfaithful before. I had a stem cell transplant April 2019 I am still in recovery as it wipes out your entire immune system which needs to rebuild. He’s been very cruel over this period of time. He suggested I should move to a housing association place or rent our home from him he then stopped the conversation. So I can see what he’s thinking now so I need to prepare and I have no idea where to start or what to do. Thank you for looking at this. Kind regards, Catherine
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Fulham London
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: None I’m trying to get my head together and our son has just started A-levels. I applied for a job and I start tomorrow as a playground assistant which is so easy my physical ability but I need to do something. It earns 6000 per annum but I will also have my dbs. I was a film maker and casting director under my maiden name. But the MS got worse so I really haven’t worked for 3 years and before it was sporadic due to the MS.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I can I can think of right now. Thank you
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Law
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I meant to say the above job is not easy physically given my condition. Thank you.
Expert:  SS Legal Advisor replied 9 days ago.
I am an experienced legal advisor and I am happy to answer your question.When you do go through the divorce proceedings, financial proceedings can and normally do run alongside.The courts prefer that you decide a fair settlement between yourselves.But it sounds like he is not going to offer something fair.What is likely is that the property an dither assets would be sold and to proceeds split between you and him so that you both can afford somewhere else to live.In particular you should note that you will not be disadvantaged just because you've not been working and your needs will be taken into account.Kind regards
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thank you very much. I have no pension to look forward to and he has a 700000 trustfund any thoughts? Thank you
Expert:  SS Legal Advisor replied 9 days ago.
That might be considered depending on when and how the trust fund was made and when it will be executed to him.
Customer: replied 1 day ago.
Thank you
Expert:  SS Legal Advisor replied 23 hours ago.
You're welcome