How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INC Law Your Own Question
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 15436
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your Law Question Here...
INC Law is online now

My Son is 34 and suffers with anxiety and depression for

Customer Question

My Son is 34 and suffers with anxiety and depression for roughly 15 years he still lives with me and only ever recieved esa at £73 pounds a week
JA: Where is your Son? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Hertfordshire
JA: What steps has your Son taken so far?
Customer: None at all because he is socially disturbs has problems with facing people I have financially kept him forever.was unaware that maybe he could claim sickness benefit.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Only that his Dad died suddenly in 2014 so he has got a lot worse and lashes out at me
Submitted: 6 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  INC Law replied 6 days ago.


Thank you for your query. I am a Solicitor-Advocate in the UK and will be assisting you today.

What exactly is your question in relation to this?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Sickness benefit for my son
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I can’t speak with my son around
Expert:  INC Law replied 6 days ago.


Your son may be entitled to Sickness benefit. He will need to make an application to DWP.

Personal Independence Payment (PIP) is paid if you find it difficult to carry out daily tasks or get about.

It’s not means-tested which means you could get it regardless of how much income or savings you have.

To qualify for it you must:

  • be aged 16 or over
  • have had these difficulties for three months and expect them to last for at least another nine months (unless you are terminally ill)

PIP is replacing Disability Living Allowance (DLA) for adults. If you’re making a new claim you’ll be asked to claim PIP.

The following link will pr0vide further details:

I hope this answers your questions. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Many thanks

Expert:  INC Law replied 2 days ago.


Would you like any further assistance with this?