INC Law
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

I have got a ticket near shops and just went to post office

Customer Question

I have got a ticket near shops and just went to post office to collect prescription parcel because it didn't fit through my letter box
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: lincoln, car park triton road
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: none yet, just worried, i only left my car 15 mins to get the parcel, and they want £100
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Lincoln
Expert:  INC Law replied 5 days ago.

Thank you for your query. Were you parked in private or council owned parking space?

Expert:  INC Law replied 2 days ago.

If this was a council owned carpark, I am afraid there will be little you will be able to do other than appeal.

If it is a private owned car park, you can appeal. If there was no adequate signage, you could argue the ticket, but in the even that you do not pay it, the other party would have to issue a claim through the courts.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,