INC Law
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

I am from Romania and i came to uk on 19 aug. I am a hair

Customer Question

Hello, my name is***** i am from Romania and i came to uk on 19 aug. I am a hair dresser and i found a job in a hair salon 4 days ago. The owner Said to me that i have to be in trial for 3 days, payd trial, and if he likes how i work we will sign a contract for 3 Month. My first day in trial was from 9am to 2 pm, the second one was from 9am to 16 pm and the last one from 11 to 19 pm. He told me that i will have models who will not pay, but just one of them didnt pay but the rest of them did. Now something came up and i have to go back in romania, i told him and he dont want to pay me the trial period. Is that legal ?!
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: Uk, london
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, just this
Expert:  INC Law replied 17 days ago.

Thank you for your query. Unfortunately, unless you agreed that the trial period would be paid, the assumption is that it would.be unpaid.

If there is nothing in writing and you wish to claim, you will.have to issue a claim through the small claims courts. You can do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk

You must first write to the person demanding you are paid within 14 days. If you are not paid, you will.have tonissue tour claim.

I hope this answers your questions. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.