How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 16154
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

My partner she was slander at work during the work. How is

Customer Question

Good afternoon, My partner she was slander at work during the work. How is the Scottish low?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: We leaving in Scotland, Glasgow
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: waiting with her employer appointment
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, I am not to sure because we are foreign not really now the low
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  JGM replied 15 days ago.

Thanks for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland and can help you with your question today. Can you explain your situation a little more please?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I work in a cleaning company. During my work at the construction site, before my lunch break, the person I work with accused me of stealing cleaning products.She said this to other workers on construction site, to the site managers and to our employer. These products are locked in the cleaning room. I felt groundlessly accused, deeply touched by these accusations and I left this job.After this incident and after a telephone conversation with my manager, I was informed that an investigation would be initiated.
I have been working in this company for 7 years and I have never felt so humiliated, accused and defamed.
Expert:  JGM replied 15 days ago.

You don’t want to raise proceedings for defamation because you don’t want to pay the costs of such an action and there is no legal aid available. Instead you should get an employment lawyer and claim for constructive dismissal. You need to do this within 3 months of leaving. I hope that helps to answer your question. Please leave a positive rating on the star rating system which is usually at the top of your screen. That will allow JustAnswer to credit me for helping you today.