MarianC
MarianC, Solicitor
Experience:  Expert
109551472

Can you help with an Intestacy (Probate) query / England,

Customer Question

Can you help with an Intestacy (Probate) query /
JA: Estate laws vary by state. What state are you in?
Customer: England
JA: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?
Customer: None
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: My Client is Aunt of deceased who died intestate. She now has no living siblings.Deceased was single and had no children,parents,grandparents or siblings. Deceased has first cousins ie issue of other prior deceased Aunts/Uncles.Does surviving Aunt inherit alone or does she share with Cousins?
Expert:  MarianC replied 17 days ago.

Good afternoon. your client, the aunt will share with the other cousins. In an intestacy you go back up to both grandparents, maternal and paternal and trace the children down. The lines will end where a child did not have children. If there were other aunts and uncles, children of the same grandparents (now also deceased) who had children of their own then those family lines remain entitled to the share that would have been their own parents.

Do you see what I mean?

Marian

Kindly click the five stars at the top of the page, we can still continue the conversation

Expert:  MarianC replied 15 days ago.

Hello can you rate my response thank you

Expert:  MarianC replied 12 days ago.

Hello, do you have any more questions? thank you.