12826847

How do I have before I can’t report a domestic abuse? uk,

Hi, how long do I have before I can’t report a domestic abuse?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: uk, london
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: just tried recording it, and reporting to his relatives nothing else
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

It depends upon the nature of the allegations. If this is just a common assault then you would have six months before this would need to actually be in court. So any delay is generally destructive

By and large, stale offences of domestic abuse are not commonly prosecuted.

Hopefully, Ihave answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. Ifanything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. Inthe meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
The abuser is an expartner whom I happen o live with at the moment

Yes, it depends on the nature of the allegations.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I do not wish to prosecute him but I want it on record that he has threatened my life and also hit me before. Is this possible? Or will he be arrested or something?
Customer: replied 17 days ago.

No, if you make a report to the police they will investiate it with a view to prosecuting. That is what the police do.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Ok... thanks

Noproblem.

Allthe best.

Rememberthat I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I amin Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For futureinformation, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmarkmy profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/