How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 18371
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

I currently have a personal injury claim opened with my

This answer was rated:

Hello. I currently have a personal injury claim opened with my solicitors from 2018 regarding a car accident where my foot got injured by a car tyre. I still feel pain in my foot from time to time, and so the foot hasn't fully healed even after 2 and a half years. In addition to this, I have been told by my neurologist that my functional movement disorder that has developed since the accident may have been triggered by this accident in 2018. I would like to get your advice on this matter and what I should be telling my solicitors to consider. How much roughly do you think my claim is worth, and what would you advise me to do about this situation. Many thanks

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

You would have a medical report on the physical injury.

This is only approved by you before its released to the other side.

If you still gave an ongoing claim and injury then you need to ask for further medical evidence.

If proceedings have been issued, a Judge would need to approve this request.

Otherwise, your Solicitors can go ahead and get an updated report now.

But yes, it is something you can do. But it can only be valued once an updated medical report is obtained

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer, by clicking the button at the top of the screen. I am not paid for my time unless you rate.

If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I had a medical report done in 2018, which stated that I would only need 9 months to fully recover from the injury. However, this is not the case, since I am still in pain from time to time with the foot.So just to confirm, you are suggesting that I request for a new report to be written regarding the fact that I'm still in pain with the foot currently.In terms of the neurology side effects from the accident, should I mention this also in the new report, or do I need to mention that in a separate report. Many thanks.

Ok - you must get a new report.

The Defendant won't settle for ongoing injuries without it

Yes if you have a psychiatric injury you need to mention that too

Does that clarify?

Jamie-Law and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
thank you much. Really appreciate your advice.

All the best. If I could invite you to give me a positive rating before you go today by clicking the button at the top of the screen, so the site credits me for the time spent. I am only paid when you rate. if you need further help please click reply. Thanks in advance.