Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

Last year I experienced a 'Flash Flood' accident whilst

Last year I experienced a 'Flash Flood' accident whilst towing my caravan. The insurance claim has been made and exterior damage repaired by a local Caravan Company. Due to PTSD I was unable to tow the caravan to the repairer, it was collected by a member of their staff . Before it was transported an Assessor inspected the caravan.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Kent, U K.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Sent informative emails to my insurers, which have been blocked? Discovered this tonight. The repairers reported internal damage to the caravan which only appeared after transportation .The insurers have paid for repair, due to my authorisation without being able to inspect work.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Now they have added a £25 per day storage charge, commencing last month. The insurance company has not received any of my informative emails. The Assessor did not inspect the repaired caravan or indeed the internal state ..

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

If they had not informed you about this, nor it was agreed then they can not charge you.

Under the Consumer Rights act 2015 they must act fairly.

Therefore if they didn’t tell you nor was the charge agreed then they can not levy it.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?