SolicitorRM
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

I am a Filipino who has a tier 2 working visa. And i have an

Customer Question

I am a Filipino who has a tier 2 working visa. And i have an Albanian boyfriend who is an illegal immigrant. We are planning to live together and eventually get married. But i know the latter is impossible as he has no immigration status. I wanted to know what is the best course of action to do in this situation.
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: We haven't taken any steps yet as we don't know what and where to start as of yet. We are currently in the United Kingdom. And i am from the Philippines.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the tier 2 visa?
Customer: No i haven't.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: As of the moment that's all i want to know.
Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 14 days ago.
Hi thank you for your enquiry and patience. From within the UK you do not have any options due to his illegal status. If he leaves on his own accord without being deported he will be able to apply to come back as your dependant unmarried partner after 12 months. If he is deported first unfortunately they can impose a much longer re-entry ban. Alternatively if you got ILR first you could go out of the UK to get married and then he can come back as a spouse in which case you would be able to bypass the re-entry ban. I hope this helps and all the very best to you.