ReadyLaw
ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Bar Professional Training Course
104128041

I am a Filipino who has a tier 2 working visa. And i have an

Customer Question

I am a Filipino who has a tier 2 working visa. And i have an Albanian boyfriend who is an illegal immigrant. We are planning to live together and eventually get married. But i know the latter is impossible as he has no immigration status. I wanted to know what is the best course of action to do inthis situation.
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I haven't taken any steps yet as we don't know what exactly the best thing to do.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the tier 2 visa?
Customer: No.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I also want to know if I will be legally doing the right thing of living with him and getting married with him?
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 13 days ago.

Good day your question has been forwarded to me to see if I may be able to assist.

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 13 days ago.

I will be candid in saying that his situation is a very difficult one. You will find that because he is not legally in the UK you would not be able to add him to your visa as a dependent. This situation would not change by virtue of you guys being married. The only resolution I could propose is for you to apply for him if you were to acquire british citizenship. Alternatively he may apply if you both were to have a child who was a british citizen.

Both thse scenarios would allot him to apply on human rights grounds to remain in the UK.

Save that, I do not see away forward for him

Hope this helps. Kindly let me know if I may further assist.

ALl the best

RL