How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SolicitorRM Your Own Question
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4180
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
Type Your Law Question Here...
SolicitorRM is online now

I would like my Chinese wife to act as my carer full time.

Customer Question

I would like my Chinese wife to act as my carer full time.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: United Kingdom under a Visa
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I tried to get in touch with Immigration Lawyer in Croydon
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I was taken by Ambulance to A&E in Croydon, having fallen out of bed, I was unable to get up off the floor.
Submitted: 6 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 6 days ago.
Hi thank you for your enquiry and patience. I am sorry to hear of your circumstances. If your wife has her spouse visa and hasn’t got her Indefinite Leave to Remain yet she is not entitled to any benefits. She will therefore not be able to apply for carer’s allowance. She can care for you but she can’t claim payment for it until she has settled status when she gets her ILR. I hope this helps and all the best.