james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

I have a interview police next week they said its about low

Customer Question

hi
JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: i have a interview police next week they said its about low fail plea
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: london
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: nothing i have 1interview at police 2yrs ago 2018 since then i didnt receive any letters
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: today police call me for a interview she said low fail plea ? what does mean its over or i will be arrested
Expert:  james bruce replied 9 days ago.

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

Can I please ask you to give me some more detailed information regarding this matter so as to allow me to work with you and help resolve your enquiry.

Can you please confirm exactly what the office wishes to interview you about?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
she said is coming to my house for a interview law fails plea or i go to station police ? is it over or i will be sent to court

I understand that the office is looking to interview you, but it does not make sense what the interview is in connection with. There is no such thing as a law fails plea. Pleas are entered at court if a person is sent to court." Fails", may relate to failing to attend at court possibly ?

Did the officer give you any further information?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
hello i thinks she said law fair plea interview ? what does mean i will be arrested or in custody

I am a criminal law solicitor advocate, but what law fair plea interview means really does not make ant sense.

I will explain what can happen if you go alone and attend the interview as a voluntary attender as would appear to be the case.

When a person needs to be interviewed by police in relation to a criminal allegation, they can either be arrested and taken to a custody centre, or the police can invite them into a police station for a voluntary interview.

When a person attends an interview at a police station as a voluntary attender, they are there voluntarily and are free to leave at any time.

Anyone interviewed by police either under arrest or as a voluntary attender, no matter how serious or trivial the allegation, can have and use the services of the duty solicitor. That service is completely free. You can request the duty solicitor, and should inform the police officer who will carry our the interview of your request before you attend, so as to avoid any undue delays at the station.

When you and the solicitor arrive at the police station for the interview, the solicitor will speak with the officer carrying out the investigation, and obtain what is called advance disclosure. That means they will ask the police for details of the allegation and what evidence they have.

Next, the solicitor will speak privately with you and explain what they have been told and then obtain your instructions. The solicitor will then advice you on whether to answer questions in interview, or to submit a pre written statement or whether to go no comment.

Once the interview is over, the officer would normally say that the matter would still need to be investigated further and then a reviewing officer would check through everything. A file could then be sent to the Crown Prosecution Service if the police think there is evidence for a case. The CPS would then make a decision on whether to prosecute or not.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
but its just allegation since 2018 and now i have a inverview all i want to know is if they can arrest me or keep me in custody when i go to police station to have a the interview next week, and can you tellme if i can travel till next week ? or i get arrested at airport because i dont have any restriction

you have been asked to attend voluntary to be interviewed thats means you are not under arrest and you would be free to leave the police station at any time.

I don't understand what you mean about travel and an airport, what does that have to do with the police interview.?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
i receive a text aswell she said is coming to my house this sunday to have a interview with me ??

yes, they can do that. They can bring a portable recording machine to record the interview. In fact with current covid19, it is actually safer for them to come to you to interview.

You have the same rights for an interview taking place at your home address as you would at the police station.

Therefore, if you are happy for the interview to take place at home, then confirm that to the officer.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
im.just scared because i might get arested this was just a allegation hsrrasment online it happen in birmingham but in 2019 i moved to london and i forgot to inform police about my new address, i can get in trouble because of this?

were you arrested before for the allegation?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
in birmingham

ok. You do need to give me all the information so I can correctly advice you.

So you were arrested in Birmingham in 2018 for an allegation of harassment. Then moved to London in 2019. Is that correct.

When you were arrested, were you released on police bail?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
is police bail then in 2019 i moved to london bc i study here now at college computing and i lost all the number from police and my solicitor when i moved

Right. So you were on Police bail from Birmingham, moved to London and failed to attend your bail back date to the police station in Birmingham.

Then in that case, it is very likely that the police have finally found where you are living and have a warrant for your arrest.

If the officer who has contacted you is from Birmingham, then it is possible they could collect you and either take you to a London Police station to be interviewed, or they could take you back to Birmingham. Either way, if they do this and find there is evidence to charge you with an offence, then it is possible that after you are charged, the will keep you in custody ti appear before the next court. If the offence was committed in Birmingham, then you would go before a local Magistrates court in Birmingham.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
if i try to fly i will get arrested at airport and it will be worse then?
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
can you tellme please what is the best way to avoid prison get arrested , if i call today my solicitor can he tellme if the police got a warrant on my name or for what is the interview thank you

Are you in the UK at the moment?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
im in uk im.study in london, so the interview she said to come my house its just an excuse to arrest me or not is tht possible

Yes it is very possible that the reason to come to the house is to arrest you.

Likewise, if there is a warrant for your arrest, if you attempt to leave the country, it could flag up on the system and you could be arrested at the airport. Further, if that happens, it could be seen by the court that you are attempting to flea justice. If that happens, you could be remanded in custody until any trial. Because bail would likely be refused.

To avoid custody, I would advice that you speak with the officer and try to arrange to go to there police station as soon as possible. That way you would be seen as co-operating.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
what are the chances just to callme for a interview and let me go back home and study ? or i will.i remain in custody until trial
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
i dont wanna go to prison because i will die and i never did something wrong

That would not be for me to say. It is impossible to answer that question.

You would need to speak with the officer and she what can be arranged. Remember, you were on bail, have breached that bail and basically disappeared for two years. That is the problem you face.

But, if you show the officer that you are taking responsibility and are being helpful, then they will work with you. If you arrange to go to them, then it is far more likely that you will be interviewed and then released again.

Hello, I am just following up on your enquiry to see if I can assist further. Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.