MarianC
MarianC, Solicitor
Experience:  Expert
109551472

I have applied for a mortgage in 2018 that I am currently

Customer Question

Hi. I have applied for a mortgage in 2018 that I am currently paying by myself but would like to add as onwer, my fiance as well. But I want to continue to pay, we don't want a joint mortgage. I want to know if he can be added to the title property as co-owner but without modifying my current mortgage.is it possible?thanks
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: No, we wanted to ask for advice first if it can be done
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: Leeds, UK
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
We plan to get married in march 2021 and would like both our names down as owners of the house.
Expert:  MarianC replied 5 days ago.
Morning
It is unlikely that the mortgage company will agree to only one name on the mortgage if you are both stated as owners on the title deeds.The lender would not want another person having an interest in the property that would potentially rank ahead of theirsKind regards
Kindly rate my response with 5 stars. I can continue to assist
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Hi, I don't quite understand. He will be my husband, I would continue to pay. Are you saying we would need a joint mortgage?
Expert:  MarianC replied 5 days ago.
if you are both owners on the title deeds, you would need a joint mortgage.
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Ok thank you
Expert:  MarianC replied 5 days ago.

No problem at all.

Expert:  MarianC replied 4 days ago.

Good morning

Did you require any further assistance?

Otherwise I would be grateful if you could please rate my response so i am credited with assisting you.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Hi, am I entitled to apply for benefits of unemployment if I am not a citizen on UK?
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
I have the settled status and intend to apply for citizenship next year
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
If yes then I need help/guidance on how to apply. I gave my notice from work and my last day with the company is 09/10/2020
Expert:  MarianC replied 1 day ago.

Good evening, I am a property lawyer and I am sorry I am not familiar with the benefit system and entitlements.