How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 7349
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I was illegally evicted from my room on Thursday night by 6

Customer Question

Hi I was illegally evicted from my room on Thursday night by 6 men with no warrant, kindly advise me
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: London
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I asked the court for injunction and I have since not heard from the court
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have been living in the house since 16/12/2019. I have a tenancy agreement and I am not owing rent
Submitted: 6 days ago.
Category: Law
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 6 days ago.


You may call the police and your local council about this as it is illegal eviction which is an offence.

May I help further?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I did call the police and they is a civil matter I should go to court
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 6 days ago.

You should contact them again and perhaps get your council to intervene as it is a criminal matter and the police should get involved.

You may also take proceedings in the civil court for damages.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
How much would it cost to get a court Injunction against her
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 6 days ago.

It could take a hew hundred pounds which you may then recover from her in the small claims court.

I would advise you to instruct a solicitor to file court proceedings for you so that you have a good chance of success.

You may find one online or through the law society portal.

All the best. Please leave a positive rating.